Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Conversations

Picture this.

My husband and I were laying in bed.  Lights were out.  Bro was sleeping soundly inbetween us.  It was very late at night.  The sheets felt so comfortable after my long (albeit very normal) day.  My mind was wandering... as it usually does... and then we had this conversation:

Me:  {spoken in a loud whisper} Honey - how are we going to stake those sunflowers?

Him:  What do you mean 'how are we going to stake the sunflowers'?

Me:  Well, I mean,so they don't fall over because they are getting so tall.

Pause.

Pause.

Pause.

Him:  You mean to tell me that we are growing plants that can't even hold their own heads up?

Pause.

Him:  I don't know YOU are going to stake them... 20 feet stakes.

And then I giggled... and fell asleep.


So, today I am googling "how to keep a mammoth sunflower from toppling over" and hoping that he is in a better mood when I tell him my the plan.

Any suggestions?

Again, clearly, I have no idea what I am doing.

No comments: