We had a staff workload status update yesterday. The good news is that we have completed 55% of our session workload during the past 5 weeks. The bad news is that we have to complete the other 45% in less than 3 weeks. Gulp! Cry me a river!
While I have been working, this is what else has been going on at home.
The Great Science Fair Mystery.
It looks like
The idea is that you boil some water and add tons of sugar to the hot water until you can barely add anymore. Then you pour the sugar water into a clean jar. Hang a piece of string down into the sugar mixture. Wait, wait, wait, wait, (a few days to a few weeks, depending) and then you will have sugar crystals growing on your string. Yes, real edible, delicious, sugar crystals.
Walking: Brody walks short distances, in a very Frankenstein-type fashion, but nothing monumental yet. Oh, and he was sick... again... but now he is better... again!
Middle school: Lulu came home with a course selection sheet for middle school next year. Obviously, there are some main courses that all of the kids take. They are also permitted to select some electives
Her choices include a variety of dance, music, and art classes. Wanna know her top most favorite class choice is, that she just can't live without? (NO sarcasm here.) Strategies for Academic Success. She is overjoyed about this study skills class and "really hopes" that she "gets this class." Ha ha ha ha! Gotta love her! Seriously, this class teaches basic study skills, typing, how to create Power Point presentations, formatting business documents, and more. She is as excited about this class as she has ever been about anything. Too funny!
Dale: Dale, the beloved family pet, ate Bro's brand new shoes.
Wine: I had
Oh, I almost forgot...
Dating: Apparently, a boy at school "asked Lulu out." Well, he sent her a note that said, "What would you say if I asked you out?" I don't promote this dating thing (certainly not for 5th graders) and so I just try to remain as nonpartial as I can. Back to the story, I asked her what she said. She said, "I told him that I would have to get back to him about it." Ha! I asked her where they would "go" for this "going out" event. She said that she didn't know because another friend told her that this boy only has one dollar and so he can't afford to really take her anywhere nice. Ha! I'll let you know how the story unfolds.
flickr rock candy photo courtesy of noeknit