Thursday, January 6, 2011

If I Were a Butterfly...

Someone we know... ahem... is about to have a birthday.


I don't have near enough time or energy to get as excited about this day as I should... but if you mention the word "birthday" he pipes up with an excited "I have a birthday in Jan-U-Airy."  {{How does he know this???}}

This guy is such a man's man.

He likes tractors and trucks and... climbing mountains.


I had planned a tractor cake for his birthday since he loves tractors... 


... and was a farmer for Halloween.


As luck would have it (and it was total luck that brought little Bro into this world) his birthday falls during session a very freakin busy time of year for me.

While I am in charge of all things baking-related in my home, Fairy Grandmother makes Bro's birthday cakes.  And he knows this.  He knows that she (not I) makes his cakes... so cute!

We asked Bro what type of cake he wants this year...

a tractor...

a train perhaps?

"I want a butterfly", he said, "a red and yellow and green butterfly."

Really?  OK.  A butterfly it is!

4 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

So cute!!!

Fairy Grandmother said...

I am so happy he picked something that there is a cake pan for! I look forward to making our little man's birthday cake!

SusieQ said...

I have seen a tractor pan, but not in a long time... but a butterfly will be easier!

Sam said...

OMG i am in love with that picture of him!