Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Confession

It is 8:49 p.m. and I am listening to my husband play the guitar while I contemplate this post.

The confession is... that... for the first time since Kindergarten... Lulu is NOT currently enrolled in any extracurricular activities. At this time every year we are juggling sports, scouts (cookie sales are coming), theater, and homework... with homework often taking a backseat to the other activities (sorry). It is just a mad house around here in Spetember.

Add baby Bro to this and it gets worse.

Add in the fact that Dear Husband is a real estate agent and things get even worse. Let's face it... people can't meet during the day. Real Estate agents work NIGHT and WEEKENDS. Thus, leaving me as a single mom, from time to time.

I dread back-to-school. I dread it.

This year is sooooooooooo different. I thought that Lulu needed to start out slow and take some time getting used to middle school. Thus, she is going to theater as part of an after-school activity (means no chauffering her back and forth) and she'll cheer this winter. Admittedly, scouts will start soon - Friday, to be exact.

Anyways... the point is... things aren't crazy... they are peaceful... I like peaceful...

It is now 8:56 p.m. and I'm going to get ready for bed.

How about you? Do you just feel like back-to-school is just crazy???
Or is it just me???

3 comments:

SusieQ said...

Peaceful will NOT last!
Enjoy it while you can..
Somehow the applecart will surely be upset....

Live Simply Mommy said...

It does get quite crazy. My 9 year old has dance, piano and sport of the season. But this year, we cut out 2 hours of dance per week since my 3 year old will start to get into activities and there just is not enough time in the day. I also have a 1 year old... can't wait until they are all in activities!

Jewel said...

I can totally relate to your feelings! We are in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts (and last year we were also in Cub Scouts but the youngest bridged up this year). I am room mom and I work.

I love the summer...we have time to relax and just be. Every year I dread the start of school...activities, homework...projects! It never ends. Yet I can't seem to pull the kids out of activities...or take a back seat. As long as they are involved I feel the need to be too.

Believe me...you are not alone!