Friday, October 30, 2009

Not in the Rain

Uh...

"we" = Dear Husband

okay... "we" have been getting our house ready to sell. Since, I am pregnant, I cannot help much with this process. I can box up our "clutter", but I can't move those boxes up and down the stairs nor can I stay up 'til 2 in the morning, every single day, working on this project. I'm 'sleeping for two' ya know? Basically, this means that I help with the project from 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. and then I'm off to bed, while Dear Husband works on getting the house ready. But, every morning I wake up and ask, "how much did 'we' get done last night?" or "how much more do 'we' need to do?" Hah!

Luckily, I picked a great hubby and he has been the best-ever about the fact that, after all, "we" = Dear Husband.

I ALWAYS wake up before Dear Husband. This morning, however, he came barreling up the stairs in the same clothes that he had on last night. I asked, {{evil grin}} "did we finish it last night?"

He responded, "Yep - it's all done."

I asked {{feeling very guilty}} "uh, did you get to sleep last night or did you pull an all-nighter?"

He responded, "I fell asleep on the couch shortly after 2:00 a.m."

Shewsh - yes, he got some sleep.

But POP THE PROVERBIAL CORK - THE HOUSE IS GOIN' ON THE MARKET TODAY!!!

... which brings me to my next dilemma...

... for the first time ever... I have an immaculately clean house. For the first time ever, I have invited 25-30 people over for a halloween party, which was supposed to be a bbq on the front driveway. And now it's gonna rain??????

Oh my gosh, I am going to have to fit all of these people in my house??? They won't even fit; my house is tiny. These kids are gonna go crazy! So, tonight I am going to research some fun games and stuff to keep them happy. Maybe order a cool movie and do popcorn... maybe. The good thing is... this also means that the basement is free of clutter and I can stick all of the kids down there, if need be! :-)

please don't rain!

please don't rain!

please don't rain!

please don't rain!

What is your backup rain plan for Halloween?

No comments: