Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend...

How was your weekend?

We have been so busy at home. I use the term “we” lightly. I mean to say, Dear Husband has been so busy… when he is not working, helping with daily house matters, or sleeping (not much sleeping going on), he is… getting ready for us to move. We should be closing on the purchase of our new house on Thursday. Yippee! There will be lots to say about the new house, most of all, it is a smaller house (for our GROWING family) but in a better school district. So, well, you gotta do what you gotta do! For future reference, we prefer to call it “cozy” not “small.” On the upside, it does have a backyard so now my kids don’t have to grow up playing on a slab of concrete for a yard. On the downside, I am deeply saddened to be leaving such wonderful neighbors. I know that we can “still be friends” but it won’t be the same.

I did NOT make the Halloween costume that I promised to make. Lulu wants to be a Starbucks disposable cup. I had intended on using a round, white trashcan for my base. But, I can’t find a round, white trashcan… you know… big enough to fit around Lulu. And, we have no idea what Bro is going to be for Halloween.

I love my new crockpot the crockpot that Fairy Grandmother let me borrow. I made Maui Chicken for dinner tonight and we’ll be having meatballs later this week. (Will post recipes if we deem them tasty enough for posting). Yummy!

So, the real reason for my post is because I found this most amazingly yummy recipe online (baked rigatoni cake) and want to share it with you. It’s basically a variation on baked ziti… but look at the presentation! Wow!

What's new for dinner at your house?????

1 comment:

SusieQ said...

That stuff looks great, but wouldn't go over here because of too much pasta...

Are you wanting a crockpot? I strongly recommend the Hamilton Beach "right size" pot.. one base with 2, 4, and 6 quart inserts. I love mine and as soon as Lorie saw it she got one.. And tomorrow is crockpot day...