Monday, May 7, 2012

Bed Fairy

When we came home from church on Sunday, we found that the bed fairy had visited us and replaced the crib with a big-girl bed. 

I wasn't expecting that.

{{sigh}}

Nonetheless, baby Bri had been climbing in and out of her crib for quite some time now and this was a good move for her.

{{milestones, ugh!}}

The transition went as well as could be expected. 

That is, she did not take her nap and, instead, played quietly for awhile on her bed.  She was also somewhat fussy when it was time to go to bed that night.  I was starting to wonder if she maybe had an ear infection or something because she just kept fussing. 

However, she finally fell asleep and slept soundly through the night and was so eager to show off her new bed when she woke up.

I just knew that my faithful readers would want pictures so I asked her if I could take a picture of her new bed.

You know she is very picky about getting her picture taken {{more on that later}}. 

She said "yes."

First she let me take a picture of the bed while she stood to the side.


Then, she said I could take a picture of the bed with her sitting on it.


Then, she totally surprised me when she sprawled out on the bed and said, "Take a picture Mommy.  Take a picture of Bee-elle.  See my feet?" 


Look at her... with her cheek propped up on her hand like that.  Wow!  She must be very excited about her new bed.

How much longer can I call her my baby?


4 comments:

Katelyn said...

Wow! She's so big! :) I know moms hate to hear that. She's adorable!

Fairy Grandmother said...

How cute is she...she will always be your baby! ♥

SusieQ said...

She is adorable.. and there will come a time when she will HATE being called the baby...

T.J. said...

No worries- she'll always be your baby no matter how cocky and confident she might get over that snazzy new bed of hers ;)