Friday, October 17, 2008

Cookies

Girl Scout cookie season is here. Seriously, I thought that I had more time before I had to get out there and help Lulu start selling these cookies. The moment that I realized that the cookies come in no Sunday, I thought of this quote from the Grinch.

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.

I feel like that this is how I feel about cookie season. That is, nothing will stop cookie season from coming.

Do you know that I still have boxes (plural) of cookies, from LAST YEAR, people???!!!!!

I do this because Lulu loves to sell cookies. Bless her little heart, she would sell them in a house, she would sell them with a mouse, and in a box and WITH A FOX. She would sell them here or there. She would sell them anywhere. And in the rain, and in the snow, and during the Redskins game, and on the side of the road with a 7 month prego mom who is freezing her tush off (no hostility here), and at the craft store, and at the grocery store, and at the gas station, and to every neighbor within a 1 mile radius.

The things that we do for our children. Please stop the madness. See I am virtually on the floor kicking, screaming, and crying. Now my hair is in a virtual knot and I am pushing it out of my face while it gets caught in my virtual tears. Now to wipe the virtual snot from underneath my nose and to pick myself up and get myself together.

Okay - I'm over it now.


The good news is that your cookie orders are in and will be delivered very soon!

No comments: