Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grammar check?!?

OK - so I think that I lost this battle. But, for kicks and giggles, riddle me this... have you ever left your key on? Or, do you know anyone who has left their key on?

I ask that questions because Dear Husband called to let me know that his car wouldn't start and that he needed a jump because (and I quote) he "left his key on." I was fine with helping him out, of course, but I was genuinely confused about how he could leave his "key on." My thinking was that, unless your key has a built in light or plays tunes or something then you can't really leave it "on."

Well, it turns out that he has a defective ignition and he inadvertently left his ignition key holder thingy (that's a technical term) in the kinda on position. You know, when the motor is not running but you can still play the radio - that's what I'm talking about. And, it drained his battery, of course.

The question is, what would you say if you found yourself in this situation?
  • "My battery is dead because I left my key on. "

or

  • "My battery is dead because I didn't turn my car off all the way."

Unfortunately for me, most of the people who I spoke to thought that it was perfectly logical to leave a "key on." What do you think?

On another note, a really funny note, did you see the pic at the top of this post? That's the view from my car as I was taking a picture of Dear Husband as he was getting his car started. The even funnier part was when he rounded the corner and caught me taking the picture. He was shouting, "What are you doing? What are you doing? You are not blogging this! Give me that camera!" Ha - it was such a scene! "Hi honey!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I get a lot of "What are you doing with that camers?" when, of course, he knows exactly what I am doing! And no.. I have never left my key on or failed to turn the car off in the 50+ years I have been driving!