Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Disney World. Saturday. Day 2. Performance Day.



Finally, we/I got to sleep in. We hung out at the resort during the day. Then, the girls stopped for a photo shoot and quick rehearsal before boarding the bus for Downtown Disney.


When we arrived to Downtown Disney we were greeted by wonderful weather, loads of visitors, and this sign.



Here are some Downtown Disney visitors awaiting the cheer performance.



Did I tell you that Daddy Warbucks came to see Lulu cheer?

And… here is Lulu’s Disney performance. There were more girls on the left of the stage, but my eyes were on Lulu. I apologize that the video is so grainy. I had to upload to YouTube and then upload to blogger because blogger wouldn't let me upload directly. Nonetheless, Lulu is in the front and just to the right of the high schooler that you see on the left of the screen.



We couldn’t leave Downtown before visiting the Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique for a Pop Princess makeover. Here are the results:




After the makeover we headed to Hollywood. I don't want to forget to mention the bus ride to the park. Lulu, Fairy Grandmother, I were on the bus with... these guys.

That's right - a bus load of 9, 10, and 11 year old football players. Halfway through the ride, Lulu looked over at one of the dads and said, "This is a train wreck waiting to happen!" She really said that; I am NOT kidding. He took it in stride and told her that he thought that her comment was funny and that she could read his mind. Ha! Ha! Ha!

We didn’t have much time to spend in Hollywood before it closed. We managed to view the Narnia experience and ride the Toy Story Mania ride. Apparently Toy Story Mania is one of their newest attractions and normally has a very long wait (up to 2 hours long in fact). We jumped into line 5 minutes before the park closed and waited 25 minutes to get to the ride. It was as great as I had expected and a highlight of the trip (but I wouldn't wait 2 hours to ride - no way).

We were advised not to leave the park before seeing the Osborne lights. Oh – they were magnificent!

Here is a picture...

and a video!



To be continued.

No comments: