now looks like this...
... and I am not happy about it.
And, it's only gonna get worse (if you can believe that).
Why? There is a 2-inch dip/slope in the floor... and the Powers-That-Be (ahem - Dear Husband, Fairy Grandmother, and Luvs2 Boat) want to fix the dip. Why?
- "You want it to be right." - Fairy Grandmother
- "The furniture will sit correctly and NOT wobble, if we fix it." - Luvs2Boat
- "You are going to feel like you are falling over when you walk on it, if you don't fix it." - Fairy Grandmother
- "A 2-inch dip/slope is tacky!" - Dear Husband
Instead, we are going to:
- rip up the floor;
- tear up a bit of the wall; and
- repour the concrete... I think that's the plan.
- tile in front of the fireplace;
- fix the walls;
- paint the walls;
- put down the carpet.
For now, I am extremely grateful for all of the help that we are getting with the project and that the basement will be so wonderful when it is finished, but I am having a very hard time being p-a-t-i-e-n-t...
Remind me to tell you about the first time "we" painted a room in our first house... again I use the term "we" loosely... it was a classic case of how my impatience can get the best of me... I clearly cut off my nose to spite my face on that one. I'll tell you the story someday... and you'll wonder why my husband stays married to me... I think that it's because I'm such a good cook! And, Fairy Grandmother knows the story and she will call me soon to say, "Napmom... you cannot tell that story on the internet!" Oh yes I can!
How do you deal with home improvements in your life?