Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rumble, Rumble, Monster Max

Are you reading Trucktown books to your kids boys?  If you are not then you need to be. 

I don't even know how I discovered Trucktown books.  I think my nephew asked for one for Christmas... {{many of my AH-HA boy moments come from my sister-in-law}}. 

For example: 

AH-HA --  GEO Trax are way cool {{dare I even suggest that they might be a tad cooler than Thomas}}. 

AH-HA -- Shake-N-Go cars are fast and fun!

And lastly...

AH-HA -- Jon Szieszka's Trucktown books are... well... almost worth their weight in gold. 

I really fell in love with the Trucktown books when Barnes and Noble offered a free storytime video of Smash Crash online. If you search real hard, you can still find it on the Barnes and Noble website. Or, you can watch the youtube video here. 



Moving on.

So, I borrowed Truckery Rhymes from the library {{and returned it on time... thank you very much}}.

Then, I bought Bro a copy for his birthday and it is THE book he asks for every night. I like Truckery Rhymes because the author turned regular nursery rhymes into truck rhymes. So, we sing our way through the book each and every night. It really is quite lovely.

For example... instead of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, we are singing Rumble, Rumble Monster Max.

Sing along, won't you?
{ahem... to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle}

Rumble Rumble Monster Max
Can you jump those junkyard stacks?
Up above the trash so high.
Like a rocket in the sky.
Rumble Rumble Monster Max.
Yes, he jumped those junkyard stacks!




Do you have any little girls or boys in your home? 
If so, this is a great fun read for mom and kids!

3 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

I'll check them out!

SusieQ said...

Have you considered that Bro may be a lot like his great granddaddy? Instead of round corpuscles floating around his veins they are all shaped like little trucks... I was sure that was what GG had!

Carley said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! Good luck!!