Monday, August 24, 2009

Isn't She Lovely...




I'm just feeling kinda sad today...


I feel the exact same sadness that I felt when I was pregnant with Bro... and was going through all of Lulu's baby clothes... knowing that I needed to get rid of them... to make space in our home for a baby brother...


I called my mom and dad and I was sobbing... I mean really sobbing... all I could think was that "I'll never be able to send her to college... I just won't be able to do it"...


My dad, who had been harassing me for years to come over and clean out stuff that I had jammed in their attic, told me to stop crying and said that I should just pack up all of her clothes (enough to fill a small room) and bring them to their house... that he would store them for me... for as long as I wanted to... seriously guys... that was exactly what I needed to hear...


Mom (a.k.a. Fairy Grandmother) kindly asked if there was a way that I could get rid of some of the clothes... I could keep my favorites... but I could get rid of some of the clothes... yes... I dried my eyes... I could let go of some of the clothes... but it would be okay to keep my favorites... forever... if need be...


I don't know why middle school makes me sad. She's just growing up. I just want to hug her and hold her and keep her all to myself... keep her happy and safe... forever...


Well, the good news is that several kids were at the bus stop with lunch totes in their hands. Also, all of the 6th graders admitted that none of them knew how to open a locker combination lock... so Lulu won't be the only one... which was OUR main worry as we were trying to go to sleep last night.


I'm courting down the minutes 'til I pick her up from school.


2 comments:

SusieQ said...

There is another side to that clothes business.. She will never be able to wear them again and Bro certainly won't use them.. I bet you could find some little girl that doesn't have nice clothes that would just love to have them..

Nap Mom said...

Yes. We found a nice home for the clothes that I was able to part with. Some, however, will just be with me forever. I just can't help it.