Saturday, August 8, 2009

What is your favorite OUTDOOR hobby?

I have to be honest, I am not much of an outdoor-type person. However, I have taken to the hobby of letterboxing like a fish takes to water... I love it!


I know, I know... I'll blog about my beach vacation later... I can't resist the letterboxing update.

What is letterboxing? Letterboxing = treasure hunting for unique and hidden stamp images.

Napmom went letterboxing with family while vacationing in N.C.. Hello? Did I mention that coastal N.C. has more letterboxes than I could ever imagine????? I didn't want to come home!!!

We found a letterbox under this shady tree...


... out in these woods...


... overlooking this view...


... and in this sweet shop.


Part of letterboxing is to NOT get noticed. Do you think that this was too obvious (sarcasm)?????

Are you letterboxing yet? Got to Atlasquest.org to get letterboxing clues for your area. What is your favorite outdoor hobby?


3 comments:

mimbles said...

Letterboxing looks like lots of fun, I did a search for our area - 5 results for the whole of NSW, I guess it's only just starting to take off here.

I'm very much not an outdoor hobby type and the first thing that popped into my head as I read your question was "reading a book in the sun" lol. However, I am enjoying our historical reenactment activities quite a bit and today we're off to do an introductory archery course.

fairygrandmother said...

Letterboxing is so much fun!

My favorite outdoor activity would be boating! That is a good thing since I am married to luvstoboat...

SusieQ said...

Love the pictures of those people crawling around in the bushes.. Looks like someone must have thrown some money in there.. hahaha!!