Thursday, August 6, 2009

Double Whammy!

Bro has a paronychia. Paronychia is a medical term fancy word for infected hang nail. He's had this infected hang nail paronychia for 3 weeks now. Prior to torturing myself at the beach with the kids going on vacation last week we took him to the doctor and they said to soak the finger 3 times a day for 15 minutes and that it would heal in about 24 hours. We soaked his finger religiously for the entire week (a special thanks to Baby Einstein for such inspiring programs that keep my child still for 15 minutes at a time). Still, the finger did not get better. He is now on antibiotics (topical and oral) to heal the finger. If this doesn't work, then I think they are going to cut out the infection do something else to get that infection out of his finger.

About a year ago, I was in mommy heaven. Here is the post to prove it. Remember?

This year, however, we grabbed this pamphlet at the doctor's office.

To be honest, Lulu was a perfect (I'm almost NOT exaggerating) child. I, in turn, thought that this was because I was the perfect mother. In fact, as it turns out, God just gave me a perfect child... the first time. Now, I have a challenging normal child. How wonderful!

At least once a week, when Lulu was a child, someone would look at my nearly perfect girl and remark, "Don't get too excited - she'll be a teen one day and things won't always be this wonderful."

Guess what? They might have been right... which is why we also grabbed the "Tips for Parents of Adolescents" pamphlet as well.

Any, any tips that you can provide about dealing with these life cycles would be greatly appreciated.

Tip-O-the-Day:

Life's best birth control = living with a tween and a toddler at the same time!

p.s. No, the beach was not torture (for gosh sakes). It was fabulous!!!!! Can't wait to share the pics with you... plus, the great letterboxing... I mean, N.C. must be... like... the letterboxing capital of the world. Good Great times!

No comments: