Thursday, January 14, 2010

We Have Birds

To be honest, I am NOT the most outdoors-y type person you have ever met... and I rarely admit to this publicly... but ALL of my friends and family know this about me.  However... you know... there is something about bird watching that intrigues me.  I sometimes look forward to wonder what I will do to fill my time when I am an empty nester.  I want to:  learn to quilt, read to children in the hospital or homeless shelter, learn to crochet, and... really learn to identify birds.  I love birds!  No one reading this blog knew that about me... I don't think that I knew it about myself... I love birds.

Recently, we {{ahem, meaning Dear husband}} put up a bird feeder for our birds.  We had lots of birds on our back deck.  Then, we put up the bird feeder (kinda) ... and they left.  I mean, I don't think we had birds for a few weeks.  Then... lo and behold... they were back.




Here are some pics of the birds that we saw this weekend.

I don't know what this bird is.



This is a tufted titmouse.  "Tufted" means that he has a little plume-like thingy on the top of his head.  He was soooo cute. 



Here is mean Mr. Blue Jay. 



Here is a very poor picture of my favorite bird... a chickadee.  It might be a Black-capped Chickadee or a Carolina Chickadee.  I can't tell.  It is very hard to tell the difference between the two.  Don't believe me?  Check this side-to-side chickadee comparison.  This little fella was a fast mover and he didn't stay at the feeder for long.  He took his food and flew back to the tree to eat it... and then came out for more.  BRAT!




Picture Issues

1.  Some of these pics are large and some are not.  Don't know what is happening what this issue today.
2.  Dear Husband wants a zoom lens for the camera so that we can get good pictures of our birds.  I find it VERY interesting that HE wants a zoom lens for MY camera.  Very interesting!


No comments: