You all remember Yummy Mom, right? She's the one who gave me the idea about the
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Thank the person giving the award (Gracias Yummy Mom!)
2) Copy the award to your blog
3) Place a link to their blog
4) Name 7 things people don’t know about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers
6) Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award
The SEVEN Things Most People Don’t Know About Me Are:
1. Ok - here's an easy one... I have a tattoo... it is a bird (of sorts) and it is on my bottom.
2. I lived on a farm(ish) when I was little. Well, we had a barn, complete with a working hayloft, and we had horses... of which I never rode those horses... because... well, I'm not an animal-type person.
4. A bird pooped on me once. OMG - I have NEVER EVER told anyone this. I was on my way to a job interview.... and it pooped a little poop on my shirt... which I immediately flung off... and just kept walking... pretending that nothing happened. Oh, and I got the job too... and ended up dating my boss (I forgot that part myself - it was a waitress job).
5. I was raised by my grandma while I was in elementary school. My grandma is everything to me. She has influenced my life more than I could ever say. I think about her every-single-day of my life... especially as I raise my own children. She could never possible know how much her words of wisdom and acts of rationality are repeated in our home... on a daily basis. She and I certainly have a rather casual relationship on the outside... as she was never much of a cuddly/snuggly/sentimental typical grandma... but on the inside of my heart... she means the world to me... and I love her... to the moon and back again!
For those of you on facebook... look at this WAY BACK picture that she sent to me to use as my profile pic. My thoughts in this picture? I'm speechless. Please - don't judge me! ;-)
Oh, and she sent this one too...
6. When I came back from maternity leave with Bro, I took a much lower paying job with much less prestige (for lack of a better word) so that I could have more flexibility to be home with my family. Financially this has been difficult at
You know lots of stuff about me already. It was difficult to find some things that you don't know.
Ok - so here is the part where I tag 7 more bloggers. I'll tag you, but don't feel bad if you don't play along (I know that some of you will though). Just know that I think that you are super cool and fun and I am an ever-faithful reader of your blog.
Here you go, in no particular order:
20 Something and in the Air Force - She doesn't post often... because she is 20 something and in the Air Force... but she is super cool and I know her personally... and I want to give a little blog love to those who are out there supporting our country. She reads my blog... she knows I love her.
The Bird's Nest - When does a stranger become a friend??? I'm thinking... if people can meet on the internet and become spouses... then we can meet on the internet and become friends, right??? I told Dear Husband about Bird's Nest and referred to her as "you know... my internet friend." Um... he looked at me as if I had two heads. Anyone else here have a total internet friend... meaning... that's the ONLY way you know them... you met them on the internet? She is very down to earth and very cool - you're gonna love her.
Mindless Musings on My Average Life - Ms. Mindless has internet friends. Although, I think that they have turned into real-life friends now... as they all live in the same city... I think. Ms. Mindless is a bit younger than most of my readers (I assume that you are all about my age)... but she is cool nonetheless... and... yes, I know her personally... and check her followers... she has 160 followers... how did she do that?
Asia Through the Eyes of a Country Girl - She isn't kidding. She is really in Asia right now... and she is really from the country. I like reading about her experiences because I can totally relate to her and I think it would be really crazy to relocate to another country... especially one so culturally different from my world.
365 Days of Slow Cooking - Very creative indeed... but we are up to day 353 already. Bummer! I don't want it to end.
Becoming Sarah - Go there now. You won't be disappointed. She just had a baby... and she is hilarious!
Pink and Green Mama - This lady has NO idea who I am... but I love her blog. This is my new favorite craft blog. I want to make her Waldorf Window Stars with the nieces and nephews when we get together this weekend... but I don't think that I can find "kite paper" locally. I have labeled her as "extremely crafty and fun" on my google reader. Note: kite paper = a cross between tissue paper and wax paper... now ya know.
Seriously, does anyone here have an internet friend??? Or is it just me???