Thursday, April 15, 2010

B is for...

Hah!  Lots of deadlines.

B is for Basement

In case you forgot... today is the deadline to have the basement finished.

I haven't been down there yet today (it's only 6:45 a.m.), but at my last inspection...

the walls were painted...

the tile was set (although I'm not quite sure if they have been grouted)...

the carpet was rolled up waiting to be installed present and accounted for... and the installers are scheduled to come tomorrow.

Close enough!

B is for Baby

The baby is still coming.  :-)  I was having so many fairly uncomfortable contractions yesterday and last evening that I thought for sure that the baby is coming t-o-d-a-y.  It was insane.  Alas, the contractions have stopped and so I am off to work today... it'll be a looooooong day... too. 

Tonight, I'm going to wash her baby clothes so that she has something clean to wear should she decide to make an early arrival... which, for me... is NOT likely.


B is for Birthday

I came home to this lovely cake last night.  It almost brought tears to me eyes.  I'm such a big birthday person... but this year has been way too hectic for me to take time to get excited about my birthday.

In case you can't tell... this is a homemade cake... my mom made this just for me... it made me feel so special...

Thanks mom!  {{sniffle, sniffle - can someone please hand me a tissue}}

I'm doubly excited because today Starbucks will give you a free drink if you come in with your own coffee mug.  SOOoo grab a mug from the cabinet and head on over to your local Starbucks for a yummy {{FREE}} coffee.  Vanilla skim latte is my fave right now.  {{And, in case you are wondering... I DON'T get paid to say this.}}   

3 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

What a gorgeous cake! Happy Birthday, Mindy!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

SusieQ said...

Happy Birthday to you, dear, even if you have to work your whole day.. Of course, if you decided to bring forth Miss No-Name you could get off early.. hehehe!!! Enjoy your beautiful cake...

T.J. said...

that cake looks scrumptious! Gotta love Moms :) hope your day was wonderful!