Monday, April 5, 2010

A Good Day

I have to admit that normally Dear Husband and I are of the opinion that semi-bad things always seem to happen to us.  Like, why is everything working out for EVERYONE else, but NOT for us.  Don't get me wrong, we have SOOOOOO much to be thankful for... but it just seems like things could be better and we wonder why they are not getting better.

Most of this has to do with finances.

I mean, I think that we are pretty reasonable with our finances.  We live in a very small house with a reasonable mortgage, compared to ALL of our peers.  We drive OLD and DUMPY cars  {{yes, a 2001 Ford Focus with MANUAL doors and windows qualifies as both OLD and DUMPY}}.  We don't take vacations.  We don't spend money on clothes.  Heck, I went 8 months without going to get my hair done... and I have the grey hairs to prove it.   

Caution:  The grey hairs in this picture cause a bright and shiny glare.  Please wear sunglasses while viewing.
  

We aren't poor (exactly) but I would like to see a little bit of a monetary cushion from time to time and every time I think that I am going to see a little bit of a cushion... another expense comes along.

Well, two great things happened today.

1.  Em's Orthodontist bill is PAID!  When I went online to pay the bill, it said, "There is no financial information available for this account."  This worried me {{like maybe I forgot to pay and they cancelled me or sent me to collections or something}} and I started clicking buttons but I couldn't find our bill information.  I called the office and they confirmed that we are PAID IN FULL!!!!  Yeah baby!

2.  We had a hunch a very strong feeling that our air conditioner did not work and that it will cost several thousand dollars to fix it.  Oh my gosh I hesitate to even jinx myself like this but... Dear Husband turned on the AC today and it worked and it cooled our house.  EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! 

oh my gosh - oh my gosh - oh my gosh - I am so excited.  {{Ahem... we'll see how excited I am when the AC stops working in mid-July as I am sitting at home with this baby and Dear Husband is traveling the globe with his brothers... but I'll save that rant for another day.}}  ... because today is all about celebrating!!!!!

I am also celebrating because:

1.  It appears that the basement is going to be finished (paint, tile, carpet) by the April 15 deadline.  {{Shocking!  If I was a betting person I would have lost my first-born child on betting that it was NOT going to be finished.}}
2.  It appears that my new squirrel-buster bird feeder really works. 

Does it get any better than this????? 

I hope that you are celebrating something totally unexpected and fun today!

1 comment:

SusieQ said...

You gave me my first laugh of the day.. I won't go into everything that is going wrong here, but I sure did need a laugh.. It is so wonderful when a plan comes together, isn't it??

I have been dying my hair forever.. it will never be as gray as yours!!! And I do it myself.. no problem.. That's about the only thing I can do with no problem!!