Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sick Baby

To be honest, we are pretty much miserable right now because Bro is still sick. As you know, he has been congested since he got his flu shot and he has not been the same baby since. He started running a fever a few days ago. Last night Tylenol was not bringing him any relief and, after a 3 am run to the drug store, Motrin was not helping either. He sat in my arms and s-c-r-e-a-m-e-d for hours last night.

We went to see his pediatrician this morning, of course. She was surprised to see that his ears were NOT infected. She said that at this point it is safe to assume that he probably has a sinus infection. Thus we were prescribed a magic potion some antibiotics. He did take two naps today (which means that I got two naps today), thank goodness, and is sleeping now (which means that I will be off to bed soon).


Before I go I need to say a couple of things...


1. Last night I was thankful for ear thermometers -- a must have for every mom. (His temp was 101.8 if you are wondering.)



2. Today I am thankful for antibiotics.


3. These sticky thermometers are not anything to write home about; the sticker did not stick very well and the temperature was very inaccurate (even factoring in that it was taken under the arm).



Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: