Thursday, November 6, 2008

What are you thankful for?



Lulu and I saw this Thankful Tree in a recent Family Fun magazine. We decided that we will bring a similar branch tree and accompanying cards leaves to our family Thanksgiving this year as an activity.

Napmom (that’s me) decided to take it a step further and to turn the month of November into a thankful month for our family. Last night Lulu and I used these leaves as templates to trace and cut leaves from red/green/brown paper. Then, during dinner each of us wrote down one thing that we were thankful for on a leaf. It has been raining so we have not had a chance to find the perfect branch/tree. When we do, we will hang our leaves of thanks on our tree.

What are you thankful for this year? Does you family have any festive Thanksgiving traditions that you look forward to each year? Please share - so that I don't feel like I'm talking to myself!

1 comment:

mimbles said...

No Thanksgiving celebrations Down Under (obviously) but I certainly have things to be thankful for this year. I've had 2 jobs fall into my lap, one at my favourite bookshop and the other working with my best friend, both of which fit inside school hours and don't require me to work during school holidays.