Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'd hate to start off with this picture, but here goes. See anything different? My hair -- it's black! I did ask the hair dresser to get my hair back to its original color (whatever that may be), but I was not thinking black. Maybe it wouldn't be so shocking if I hadn't been nearly blond for the past few years. Will anyone at work even recognize me? By the way, she (the hair dresser) also noted that my hair is more than 20% gray. Isn't that a bit much for someone who has only been around the sun a mere 33 times????????


Here is Lulu showing off her new manicure. That is, if she would just stop biting her nails (where have I heard THAT before) then she could have nice and pretty real nails that don't fall off.


Luvs2Boat snagging a few calamata olives while his sisters aren't looking!


Fairy Grandmother, spending some quality time with Bro.


Yes, it was a most wonderful Thanksgiving indeed! Oddly enough, I did not over stuff my stomach with fall harvest this year. Don't know why. The food was delicious!!!!! I made my famous corn casserole and Aunt Mitzi's cranberry salad. (recipes in separate post -- coming soon). It was wonderful to visit with everyone and catch up on the goings-ons!

After dinner we did get to go outside and watch...


this beautiful sunset.


Lulu showed off her one-handed cartwheel.

At last count, I think that we had some 20+ family members at Grammy's house for our festive turkey feast. Just the way I like it!

While we were there, Bro discovered Gramm's rocking chair.

And he had a great time visiting with cousin J again. (I know that this isn't the best picture but it is extremely difficult to get a good picture of these fast-moving tots)




Remember that we were going to create a 'thankful tree' on Thanksgiving? We cut out leaf shapes and asked everyone to write one note of thanks on each leaf and attach it to the branch. It was a big hit. I haven't quite decided on how to preserve the leaves from this year. Any ideas?


We ought to give thanks for all fortune: if it is “good,” because is it good, if “bad” because it works in us patience, humility, and the contempt of this world and the hope of our eternal country.~ C. S. Lewis

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like the new hair color. Right before I went to Maryland I colored my hair pretty dark as you saw it. It was a big shocked but it's nice changing it up every now in then. I have recently gotten lots of highlights to lighten it up back to my natural color and I love it.
I love the idea of your 'thankful tree' I think it's a great way to reflect on the past year and all the good things that have come your way. Very positive.

ms. mindless said...

2 things:

1. i like the hair. dark hair always looks shinier too! its hot. keep it.

2. THANKS FOR THE COOKIES!!!! but, i did want to buy some to help lulu with her goal! so i will buy some too.