Thursday, November 20, 2008

E-bay

Dear e-bay,

Recently I “won” an item on your website. Is that kinda like going to the Gap and walking up the register, paying for an item, and then yelling out, “I WON” for all to hear? Did I really “win” or did I just pay more for the item than any other sucker out there? Probably the latter.

Either way, I am now the proud owner of these two “vintage” Polly items:



Do you shop on e-bay? I’m sure that e-bay would have made life much easier during the Cabbage Patch craze of my childhood! Sorry mom!

Today I am thankful for the internet for several very valid reasons:

1. I can shop for my daughter’s coveted Christmas gift while nursing my son – talk about killing two birds with one stone.

2. I can assess childhood illnesses and their remedies with the click of a button, saving me lots of gray hairs and several trips to the ER in the middle of the night.

3. I have reconnected with the dozens of college and high school friends with whom I had lost touch through the years.

4. I have saved lots of money on repair bills because the internet: taught me how to unclog a main house pipe/drain thingy, allowed me to troubleshoot and fix the furnace issue (no heat = very unhappy napmom), and taught me what was causing my washer to overflow. OK – I use the word “me” lightly here – really Dear Husband did all the work.

5. Now my family doesn’t have to eat spaghetti and cold cereal 365 days a year. We can enjoy this, and this, and this.

Being able to connect with strangers, friends, and family at a moment’s notice is very, very cool!

No comments: