Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Camera Hospital


Alas, my trusty sidekick camera must take a visit to the camera hospital. Her LCD screen is malfunctioning. A quick trip to the Canon online help desk indicated that the vendor-supplied CCD image sensors may have caused the malfunction. Luckily, Canon will repair it free of charge, "effective immediately and regardless of warranty status." I called the Canon triage unit help desk, as indicated, and the nurse Canon staff person on the end of the line was very comforting. Thus, my camera will make the long journey to Illinois without me. I have been assured that this is a quick, fast procedure and she will be back in my arms in 3 weeks.

Fairy Grandmother? May I borrow your camera?

This is not happening to me!

In all seriousness, Canon support staff were excellent, patient, and very interested in repairing my camera and getting it back to me quickly. They apologized for the inconvenience that this is causing me, and so on and so forth. I like good customer service and this is a thumbs up for Canon!

No comments: