Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Day

Following a bitter-sweet 'going away' party yesterday, I had my first day at my new job, today! Let's see - first I was greeted with donuts and a "Welcome" sign. Then it was off to get coffee with my new co-workers. After that, I attended a training class for the better part of the morning. Lunch was a meeting of those of us who are part of the work book club. This month we read Joshua Ferris' Then We Came to the End. Do any of you watch The Office? If you like The Office then you'll love this book. So funny!!! It starts off slow, but just force yourself to keep reading and then you won't want to put it down. When I got back to my desk, I found this picture waiting in my inbox. Note: My wonderful co-worker took this pic for me because I was lamenting that I wished that I had my camera today so that I could share my 'welcome' with you.



So far so good.

On the homefront, Lulu wants to learn French so we will be stopping by the library to get some age appropriate books for her. She tells me that if she cusses in French then no one will understand what she is saying. What? Dear husband proceeded to spout off a few choice words himself (show-off) and she was trying to remember everything that he said. In the end, I told him to save those words for another day!

Thanks for all of your well wishes!

No comments: