Monday, September 22, 2008

One Pot Meals


So, I put together the menu for the week and went grocery shopping. When I got home, I realized that everything was a one pot meal (how did that happen). I am very excited because we haven't tried most of these recipes before. As you might remember I am trying to be creative with the menu because I was accused of feeding my family spaghetti and pan fried pork chops a little too often.

Here's what's on the menu this week. Pork chops with apples, tater-tot topped casserole and some chicken casserole that I can't find a pic or recipe for. Plus, I am going to make some mini-meatloaves as well.
We have tried the tater-topped casserole. To be truthful, it has kid sauce in it. In my house, kid sauce is code for 'cream of mushroom soup.' Heaven forbid that we mention mushroom because then you-know-who won't eat it. She has caught onto us though. When I told her what we were having for dinner, she asked, "What's the sauce? Please don't tell me that it has kid sauce in it. I hate kid sauce." Hah! Not only does tater-tot casserole have kid sauce in it, but she loved it. Then, she asked to have tater-tot casserole for lunch the next day. Plus, she was mad when she got home as she reported to me that "someone forgot to pack the tater-tot casserole as instructed." So, she ate it as an afternoon snack. To try to make it a little healthier, I use the low sodium, low fat kid sauce and double up on the veggies.

What's on your menu for this week?


No comments: