Thursday, August 21, 2008

What would you do?


Mya Angelou once said, "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."

Uh-oh. If this is true, what would that say about me? Let's look...

Rainy day: Stay inside at all costs. If it is thundering and/or lightning then hide underneath the sheets and pretend like nothing is happening.

Lost luggage: Dare I even say how I would handle this. If this happened to me at just the right moment then I suppose I could be big about it since throwing myself on the floor and crying like a baby voicing my concerns wouldn't help the situation anyways.

Tangled Christmas tree lights: Frugal little me actually spent the extra dough to buy a tree with lights on it already. I spent many years weaving lights in and out of my mom's tree to give it depth. No, you can't just place them on the tops of the outer branches; you must weave them in and out of each branch. I'm still roped in to helping light the tree every so often so hopefully mom will get an upgrade one of these years. hint, hint! And, truthfully, it might even be a cost saver to buy the tree with the lights because I haven't had to replace those lights for 5 years now. That counts for something doesn't it?

So, what does this say about me? How would you handle these situations?

1 comment:

Manic Mommy said...

Well I'd definitely sit and watch the rain. It's a grand memory from my childhood. And, true to my 'freak out moments' post on my blog I'm confident I'd FREAK OUT if my luggage was lost. But most importantly I would relax and enjoy the Christmas lights. For some reason I can be in the worst mood and see Christmas lights and I then experience peace. While this doesn't filter into other parts of my life I know that I'd be patient and sit unwinding the tangled lights (while they're plugged in and shining) and just enjoy the peace of the moment.